2021-22 Open Enrollment
Public Random Drawing
This year our public random drawing (lottery) was held on March 2nd via zoom. You can continue to submit applications for the 2021-22 school year even if you did not enter the lottery. You will be placed on our waitlist and we will be calling off this as spots become available.
Did you miss a school tour? View recordings below.
Virtual School Tour Recordings
Missed your opportunity to take a virtual tour of our school?
Click here to view a recording of a past school tour.
Click here to view the school tour slide deck.
Click here to view videos of our school campuses.
Have questions reach out to email@example.com today!
Campus Tours (in-person)
We are excited to be able to welcome our families for in-person tours.
We are working with the Department of Health to make sure these tours are safe. For this reason, we will ask you to sign up for a large time block and will send you an email with your specific 30-minute time slot once we confirm how many visitors we can have in our building at one time. Since space is very limited we may not be able to accommodate you on your specific day choice and may reach out to you to pick a future tour date.
Click here to RSVP for a in person tour.
In Person Tour Dates:
- April 21st 2:30pm – 6:30pm
- May 5th 2:30pm – 6:30pm
- May 19th 2:30pm – 6:30pm
Public Random Drawing (PRD) FAQ
- Q: When will the PRD be held? A: March 2nd, 2021 at 3:00pm
- Q: When is the deadline to submit an application to be part of the PRD for the upcoming school year? A: February 28th, 2021 is the deadline.
- Q: Do I need to apply online or can I fill out a paper PRD form? A: Yes, you can fill out a paper form. They are available at our school location. Office hours are listed here.
- Q: I have a child who is currently enrolled at LFCSA, do I need to reapply again for the upcoming school year? A: No, you do not need to reapply. You will need to fill out an intent to return form that will be sent you in March. If you your child is a 5th grader who is going to our Middle School you will need to apply for the Middle School PRD.
- Q: I have a child who is currently enrolled at LFCSA and their sibling will be starting school in 2021. Do I need to apply via ApplyLA for their sibling? A: Yes, you must apply via ApplyLA and you can select the sibling priority.
- Q: Does LFCSA give priorities to certain demographic? A: Yes, see list below. Please indicate if you are eligible for one of these priority when you apply.
- Q: What are my chances of getting an enrollment spot? A: We wish we could offer spots to all students that apply, however each year we get more applications than the amount of open spots we have available. That being said we do move through our waitlist and continue to offer sports throughout the Summer and early Fall.
Public Random Drawing Priorities
Students residing within LAUSD boundaries in this order:
- Siblings of currently enrolled students
- Children of school teachers, staff, and Los Feliz Charter School for the Arts Board of Directors who reside or work in the territorial jurisdiction of LAUSD; (up to 10% of enrollment capacity);
- Students eligible for the National Free & Reduced Lunch Program;
- Students who are currently enrolled in or who reside in the elementary school attendance area of the Public elementary school(s) in which Los Feliz Charter for the Arts is located (for purposes of the Charter School Facility Grant Program). We are currently residing in the attendance area of Glassell Park Elementary. Click here to check if this is your local school.
- Students residing outside of LAUSD boundaries in this order: Siblings of currently enrolled students
- Children of school teachers, staff, and Los Feliz Charter School for the Arts Board of Directors (up to 10% of enrollment capacity);
- Students eligible for the National Free & Reduced Lunch Program
- Q: When will I find out if I received a spot? A: We will notify families as soon as enrollment spots become available. We will continue offering spots throughout the summer.
- Q: If I am offered a spot, how long do I have to accept? A: You will be contacted via ApplyLA if you have received a spot. A deadline will be given to you when you receive your offer. Note: if you applied under either the Free and Reduced Lunch Program or Glassell Park Elementary school lottery preference level, validation of information is required prior to being admitted. You will be asked to sign up for an appointment to bring in documents to validate your information.
- Will I get to tour the school before enrolling? A: Due to the mandated Covid-19 school closure we currently cannot offer school tours. Take a virtual tour of our campuses here. We will hold a New Family Orientation in early August.
- Q: As spots are being filled, how can I follow up on where I am on the waitlist? A: You can view your waitlist number on ApplyLA.
- Q: What is the Enrollment Process? A: Once you accept your spot you will be sent a link to our enrollment site. You have one week to complete your enrollment forms from the day you receive your link. If you do not have access to the Internet, please contact the front office (323-539-2810) for a hardcopy of the enrollment packet.
- If I have two or more children in the lottery do the others get a preference if their sibling gets in? A: We do not offer a sibling preference to families unless the sibling is already enrolled at the school before the lottery.
Enrollment And Public Random Drawing
Under California state law, enrollment to LFCSA is governed by a Public Random Drawing (PRD). In early Spring, LFCSA conducts its PRD for admission to the school for the following academic year. In order to be part of the PRD, a family must complete the short PRD application form and timely submit it to the school. Each completed application will be assigned a number, and during the PRD, numbers will be drawn at random.
If there are any spaces available in the grades above kindergarten, then the PRD will also determine admission to those grade levels. At the PRD, the numbers drawn at random are recorded
Typically, LFCSA receives applications in excess of the number of spaces available. Those students who do not get picked in the PRD for the spaces available will be placed on a waiting list. Students on the waiting list may be invited to join LFCSA at any point during the school year if space becomes available. If the student is not admitted by the time of the PRD for the following school year, they must re-submit an application to be considered for admittance.
If you have questions about our public random drawing please reach out to Johanna Voutounou
LFCSA les ofrece una invitación a las familias y miembros de la comunidad interesados en aprender mas de nuestro programa. Cada visita a nuestra escuela les permite familiarizarse con nuestro espacio único y explorar nuestra filosofía y valores. También ofrece una oportunidad de ver un ejemplo de un día típico de un estudiante de LFCSA.
Para familias interesadas en aplicar a LFCSA para la lotería de Marzo, habrá visitas guiadas empezando en Octubre. Asistir a una visita NO es un requisito para admisión a LFCSA. Para más información, por favor envíe un correo electrónico a Jessica Barragan
Fechas de próximas visitas guiadas serán publicadas pronto.