Under California state law, enrollment to LFCSA is governed by a Public Random Drawing (PRD). In early Spring, LFCSA conducts its PRD for admission to the school for the following academic year. In order to be part of the PRD, a family must complete the short PRD application form and timely submit it to the school. Each completed application will be assigned a number, and during the PRD, numbers will be drawn at random.
If there are any spaces available in the grades above kindergarten, then the PRD will also determine admission to those grade levels. At the PRD, the numbers drawn at random are recorded
Typically, LFCSA receives applications in excess of the number of spaces available. Those students who do not get picked in the PRD for the spaces available will be placed on a waiting list. Students on the waiting list may be invited to join LFCSA at any point during the school year, if space becomes available. If the student is not admitted by the time of the PRD for the following school year, they must re-submit an application to be considered for admittance.
APPLICATIONS AND SUBMISSION DATES for 2019-20
If you are interested in being placed in the lottery for the 2019-20 school year please fill out the attached Public Random Drawing Form and return to the school by February 28th, 2019.
The Public Random Drawing (PRD) is conducted with the following admissions preferences being given:
1. Students who are currently attending the charter school.
2. Siblings of students already attending the school;
3. Children of school personnel and LFCSA Board of Directors who reside or work in the territorial jurisdiction of the LAUSD (up to 10% limit);
4. Students eligible for the National Free and Reduced Lunch Program;
5. Students who are currently enrolled in or who reside in the elementary school attendance area of the Public elementary school(s) in which Los Feliz Charter Middle School for the Arts is located (for purposes of the Charter School Facility Grant Program).
Note: If your are interested in enrolling a homeless or foster youth please email our Director of Student Services Nick Zanoria at email@example.com.
*Please note that if you are extended an offer for enrollment through one of the preferences above, you will need to provide supporting documentation to verify your preference eligibility prior to finalizing your child’s enrollment.
* If your child was offered enrollment via an exemption or weighted preference and LFCSA deems that the child does not qualify, your child will be placed at the end of the waiting list.
LFCSA welcomes prospective parents and community members interested in learning more about our school to join us for one of our formal tours. These tours will not only familiarize you with our physical space, but also allow you to explore the philosophy and core values of our school and offer a glimpse into a typical day in the life of an LFCSA student.
For families interested in applying, there will be organized tours starting in October. Attending a school tour is NOT a requirement for admission to LFCSA.To reserve a spot on a future school tour visit our School Tours page.
LFCSA les ofrece una invitación a las familias y miembros de la comunidad interesados en aprender mas de nuestro programa. Cada visita a nuestra escuela les permite familiarizarse con nuestro espacio único y explorar nuestra filosofía y valores. También ofrece una oportunidad de ver un ejemplo de un día típico de un estudiante de LFCSA.
Para familias interesadas en aplicar a LFCSA para la lotería de Marzo de 2018, habrá visitas guiadas empezando en Octubre. Asistir a una visita NO es un requisito para admisión a LFCSA. Para más información, por favor envíe un correo electrónico a Johanna Voutounou.
Fechas de próximas visitas guiadas serán publicadas pronto.