Public Random Drawing for the upcoming 2019-2020 school year.
LFCMSA Middle School (grades 6-7) 2019-2020 school year. 8th grade will open 2020-21 school year.
The Public Random Drawing (PRD) is conducted with the following admissions preferences being given:
ADMISSION TO LFCSA IS BASED ON LOTTERY LFCMSA offers preferences in the lottery in the next order:
1. Siblings of students admitted to or attending the school;
2. Children of school teachers, staff, and Los Feliz Charter School for the Arts Board of Directors who reside or work in the territorial jurisdiction of LAUSD; (up to 10% of enrollment capacity);
3. Students eligible for the National Free & Reduced Lunch Program;
4. Students who are currently enrolled in or who reside in the elementary school attendance area of the Public elementary school(s) in which Los Feliz Charter Middle School for the Arts is located (for purposes of the Charter School Facility Grant Program).
5. Students residing within the District;
6. Students residing in California, but not residing within the territorial jurisdiction of LAUSD
*Please note that if you are extended an offer for enrollment through one of the preferences above, you will need to provide supporting documentation to verify your preference eligibility before finalizing your child’s enrollment.
* If your child was offered enrollment via an exemption or weighted preference and LFCSA deems that the child does not qualify, your child will be placed at the end of the waiting list.
LFCSA welcomes prospective parents and community members interested in learning more about our school to join us for one of our formal tours. These tours will not only familiarize you with our physical space but also allow you to explore the philosophy and core values of our school and offer a glimpse into a typical day in the life of an LFCSA student.
For families interested in applying, there will be organized tours starting in October. Attending a school tour is NOT a requirement for admission to LFCSA. To reserve a spot on a future school tour visit our School Tours page.
For more information about our Middle School Program please refer to our LFCSA Middle School Page.