About Our Board of Directors
The Board of Director’s roles and responsibilities include establishing and approving all major educational and operational policies, approving all major contracts, approving the school’s annual budget and overseeing the school’s fiscal affairs, and selecting and evaluating the top administrative staff. In conjunction with the top staff, the board has the responsibility of determining what outside legal and consulting services the school requires and contracting for such services.
If you would like to communicate with our full board please reach them via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nika Serras, Chair – email@example.com
- Qiana Patterson, Vice Chair – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jerry Gonzalez, Treasurer – email@example.com
- Margeaux Randolph, Member –firstname.lastname@example.org
- Betsy Chapman, Member – email@example.com
- Michele Montano, Member – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mari Forge, Member – email@example.com
- Mariana Lavezzo, Member – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cindy Lin, Member – email@example.com
Click here for Board of Directors bios.
As consistent with the approved charter, LFCSA is governed by a Board of voting directors, comprised of no fewer than seven and no more than fifteen members unless changed by amendments to these bylaws. All directors shall have full voting rights, including representatives appointed by the charter authorizer as consistent with Education Code Section 47604(b). If the charter authorizer appoints a representative to serve the Board of Directors, the Board of Directors may appoint an additional director to ensure an odd number of Board Members. All directors, except the representatives appointed by the charter authorizer, shall be designated by the existing Board of Directors. The Board shall strive for the following composition:
(a) One (1) or two (2) parent representatives (parent/legal guardians of currently-enrolled students at LFCSA);
(b) At least two (2) educators with expertise in K-12 education;
(c) Representatives of school partnerships and the local community;
(d) At least one (1) Director with expertise in School Business Management;
(e)In accordance with Education Code section 47604 (b), LAUSD may appoint a non-voting representative to the Board;
(f) At least one (1) Director must be Spanish speaking;
(g) At least one (1) Director must be an arts practitioner;
(h) There can never be 50% or more of board members with children currently enrolled in LFCSA.
LFCSA Board Meetings
Board Meetings are open to the school community and we encourage your participation. Board meeting materials can be viewed in the link below.
Most Current Board Meeting Agenda.
Access all past LFCSA board meeting agendas and minutes.
Upcoming Board Meetings 2020-21
Zoom links to all virtual meetings can be found on our Public Calendar.
- Sept 22, 2020 – livestream recording
- October 22, 2020 (special meeting) – livestream recording
- Dec 1, 2020 – livestream recording
- Jan 26, 2021 – livestream recording part 1, livestream recording part 2
- March 9, 2021 (special meeting) – livestream recording
- March 23, 2021 – livestream recording
- May 7, 2021 (special meeting) – livestream recording
- May 25, 2021 – livestream recording
- June 22, 2021
- 2021 Summer retreat tbd
Click here o view livestream of the Executive Governance Committee meeting on March 24th.
Click here to view the livestream of the Director’s Evaluation and Compensation Meeting on March 24th.
Click hereto view livestream of the Audit Committee Meeting March 2nd.
Click here to view livestream of the Director and Evaluation compensation meeting February 25th.
Click here to view livestream of the Executive Governance Committee meeting on February 23rd.
Click here to view livestream of the Special Board Meeting on February 2nd.
Click here to view livestream of the Special Board Meeting on September 12th.