Accepting Application for the 2022-23 School Year
Visit ApplyLA and look for us at California Creative Learning Academy – APPLY TODAY!
Application deadline is February 28th, 2022
Upcoming School Tours
We are pleased to announce new school tour dates for prospective families that are interested in visiting our school campuses!
- September 21st 2:30pm – 3:30pm (Eagle Rock Campus, TK – 1st grades) – FULL
- September 28th 3:00pm – 4:00pm (Media Center Campus, 2nd – 8th grades) – FULL
- October 19th 2:30pm – 3:30pm (Eagle Rock Campus, TK – 1st grades) – FULL
- October 26th 3:00pm – 4:00pm (Media Center Campus, 2nd – 8th grades)
- November 16th 2:30pm – 3:30pm (Eagle Rock Campus, TK – 1st grades)
- November 30th 3:00pm – 4:00pm (Media Center Campus, 2nd – 8th grades)
- More dates in January and February coming soon.
Due to Covid-19 safety protocols we can only offer afternoon tours, when our regular scheduled school day is not in session. If these protocols change we will list morning tours on our website.
We will be offering tours between September and February. We will be adding dates the first week of each month.
Please complete the form below and we will reach out to you with a confirmation and instructions for your visit.
2021-22 Open Enrollment, apply today!
We still have a few spot available for the current school year!
Note: Please look for us as Los Feliz Charter School for the Arts on the ApplyLA site until September 15th.
After September 15th please email email@example.com to inquire about any available enrollment spots for the 2021-22 school year.
Virtual School Tour Recordings
Click here to view a recording of a past school tour.
Click here to view the school tour slide deck.
Click here to view videos of our school campuses.
Have questions reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org today!
Public Random Drawing (PRD) FAQ
Q: When will the PRD be held?
A: March 1st, 2022 at 3:00pm
Q: When is the deadline to submit an application to be part of the PRD for the upcoming school year?
A: February 28th, 2022 is the deadline.
Q: Do I need to apply online or can I fill out a paper PRD form?
A: Yes, you can fill out a paper form. They are available at our school location. Office hours are listed here.
Q: I have a child who is currently enrolled at California Creative Learning Academy, do I need to reapply again for the upcoming school year?
A: No, you do not need to reapply. You will need to fill out an intent to return form that will be sent you in March. If you your child is a 5th grader who is going to our Middle School you will need to apply for the Middle School PRD.
Q: I have a child who is currently enrolled at California Creative Learning Academy and their sibling will be starting school in 2022. Do I need to apply via ApplyLA for their sibling?
A: Yes, you must apply via ApplyLA and you can select the sibling priority.
Q: Does California Creative Learning Academy give priorities to certain demographic?
A: Yes, see list below. Please indicate if you are eligible for one of these priority when you apply.
Q: What are my chances of getting an enrollment spot?
A: We wish we could offer spots to all students that apply, however each year we get more applications than the amount of open spots we have available. That being said we do move through our waitlist and continue to offer sports throughout the Summer and early Fall.
Public Random Drawing Priorities
Students residing within LAUSD boundaries in this order:
- Siblings of currently enrolled students
- Children of school teachers, staff, and California Creative Learning Academy Board of Directors who reside or work in the territorial jurisdiction of California Creative Learning Academy; (up to 10% of enrollment capacity);
- Students eligible for the National Free & Reduced Lunch Program;
- Students who are currently enrolled in or who reside in the elementary school attendance area of the Public elementary school(s) in which California Creative Learning Academy is located (for purposes of the Charter School Facility Grant Program). We are currently residing in the attendance area of Glassell Park Elementary. Click here to check if this is your local school.
- Students residing outside of LAUSD boundaries in this order: Siblings of currently enrolled students
- Children of school teachers, staff, and California Creative Learning Academy Board of Directors (up to 10% of enrollment capacity);
- Q: When will I find out if I received a spot?
A: We will notify families as soon as enrollment spots become available. We will continue offering spots throughout the summer.
- Q: If I am offered a spot, how long do I have to accept?
A: You will be contacted via ApplyLA if you have received a spot. A deadline will be given to you when you receive your offer. Note: if you applied under either the Free and Reduced Lunch Program or Glassell Park Elementary school lottery preference level, validation of information is required prior to being admitted. You will be asked to sign up for an appointment to bring in documents to validate your information.
- Q: Will I get to tour the school before enrolling?
A: Take a virtual tour of our campuses here. We will hold a New Family Orientation in early August.
- Q: As spots are being filled, how can I follow up on where I am on the waitlist?
A: You can view your waitlist number on ApplyLA.
- Q: What is the Enrollment Process?
A: Once you accept your spot you will be sent a link to our enrollment site. You have one week to complete your enrollment forms from the day you receive your link. If you do not have access to the Internet, please contact the front office (323-539-2810) for a hardcopy of the enrollment packet.
- If I have two or more children in the lottery do the others get a preference if their sibling gets in?
A: We do not offer a sibling preference to families unless the sibling is already enrolled at the school before the lottery.
Enrollment And Public Random Drawing
Under California state law, enrollment to California Creative Learning Academy is governed by a Public Random Drawing (PRD). In early Spring, LFCSA conducts its PRD for admission to the school for the following academic year. In order to be part of the PRD, a family must complete the short PRD application form and timely submit it to the school. Each completed application will be assigned a number, and during the PRD, numbers will be drawn at random.
If there are any spaces available in the grades above kindergarten, then the PRD will also determine admission to those grade levels. At the PRD, the numbers drawn at random are recorded
Typically, California Creative Learning Academy receives applications in excess of the number of spaces available. Those students who do not get picked in the PRD for the spaces available will be placed on a waiting list. Students on the waiting list may be invited to join CalCreative at any point during the school year if space becomes available. If the student is not admitted by the time of the PRD for the following school year, they must re-submit an application to be considered for admittance.
If you have questions about our public random drawing please reach out to Johanna Voutounou